Finance & Office Manager
We are a new spin-out from the University of Oxford seeking a Finance & Office Manager responsible for our financial management and administration. As a well-funded early stage company this is a great opportunity to get involved in all aspects of office management including HR, marketing and health and safety.
With a flexible approach you will have at least five years’ experience in a similar role to be able to develop our administrative functions as we continue to grow. The role would be 30 to 37.5 hours a week and we are able to offer flexibility on days/hours worked.
Reporting to the CEO as Office Manager you will be responsible for the following: -
- Financial management including: -
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Analysing financial performance and making longer term forecasts
- Working with the management team to help make financial decisions and supporting annual budgeting process
- Developing the procurement function
- Banking and payments
- HR management and administration including: -
- Support the recruitment and onboarding process making recommendations for improvements and putting in place any necessary software requirements
- Maintaining personnel records
- Payroll and benefits administration
- Communications and Marketing
- In conjunction with the current team contribute to the communications and marketing strategy
- Co-ordinating our presence at trade exhibitions
- Developing internal communications
- Developing company policies and procedures across all supporting functions of the business including security, information technology, HR, finance/purchasing and health and safety.
- General office and facilities management
This is not an exhaustive list and the role is likely to evolve as we do so you will need to have a willingness to contribute to the wider activities of the company
You will be able to demonstrate that you: -
- have at least 5 years' experience in an office management or similar role
- are self-motivated and are able to work on own initiative
- have excellent attention to detail
- are familiar with Microsoft office applications including Excel
Ideally you will also: -
- have experience of working in an early stage company
- have a financial qualification, i.e. AAT
- have extensive experience of Xero or similar financial software
Salary: £35 - £40k p.a. pro-rata dependent on experience
We offer a comprehensive package including bonus scheme, pension, private healthcare, life insurance and income protection and participation in our share option scheme.
Closing date: 20 March 2019 - subject to change
As part of the recruitment process a selected candidate will be required to undergo security screening to BS7858.
Your personal data will be retained and used in line with our recruitment privacy statement, available at www.opsydia.com/privacy.html
Opsydia is set to bring significant security advances to a number of markets. Harnessing short pulse laser technology, the company has the ability to create serial numbers, logos or marks, invisible to the naked eye, inside transparent materials including diamond, glass and polymers for security applications. We are currently developing a range of industrial solutions for commercial deployment. Other applications for the technology include advanced diamond-based sensors. The company has secured funding to take it to planned profitability from leading investors experienced in supporting Oxford spin-outs. The first customer has been secured and the company is already generating sales revenues.
The company is based in the Centre for Innovation and Enterprise at Begbroke Science Park north of Oxford. Begbroke offers comprehensive facilities on-site including a restaurant, coffee shop, free parking and a minibus service between the park and Oxford.